On Epic, educators can create collections surrounding specific topics and assign them to their students! Student profiles can view these Assignments from the Mailbox within their account. Further, educators can track their children's reading activity and progress for the specific reading assignment by going to the assignment tab after it's been assigned.
Add titles to the collection / Create Collection
- When viewing a book, select the heart icon to favorite or add it to an existing collection. (If you're using the app, click tap the icon next to the heart that looks like two pages with a +)
- In the pop-up window, select the collection you want to add the book to. You can also select 'Create New Collection'. (You can add to multiple books at the same time)
- Click the 'X' to close the pop-up, and you'll see a notification that the book was added. (If you're using the app, you'll tap "Add Book" instead of clicking the 'X')
Assign the collection to your students:
- Select your ‘My Library’ tab, and click on 'Collections'
- From the ‘Collections’ tab, select ‘Assign’ next to the desired collection
- Your class Roster will appear in a pop-up window. From there, check-off the individual students you would like to send this Assignment to or click ‘Select All’
- Click the ‘Assign’ button. Assignments will then be visible to those students within their Mailbox