Yes! On Epic, parents and teachers can create collections surrounding specific topics and assign them to children! Child profiles can view these Assignments from the Mailbox within their account. Parents/Teachers can also track their children's reading activity and progress for the specific reading assignment.
How to create a collection:
- Navigate to the Explore page or try searching keyword phrases in the 'Search' box > click the book you would like to add to your collection.
- Hover your cursor anywhere on the screen over the open book.
- At the top-left of the book, click the heart icon.
- A pop-up will open showing that the books was saved to your Library and you have the option to add the book to an existing collection by checking the box to the left of the desired collection name).
- OR - you can click on 'Create New Collection' and additional fields will open up to add a Collection Title and Description (optional) for your new collection (your children will see the description of your collection, and many users use this area to add assignment instructions associated with the collection).
- Share the collection with the Epic community (if you only want your account to see the collection, please uncheck the option to "Share with Epic Community").
- Click "Create".
How to assign a collection to your child's profile:
(This must be done from a computer, as this is not available in the app right now.)
- After logging in, access your Parent/Educator profile (re-enter your account password).
- Select the 'My Library' tab in the navigation bar.
- From the ‘Collections’ tab, select ‘Assign’ or 'Send' next to the desired collection.
- Your child/student's profiles will appear in a pop-up window. From there, check-off the individual children you would like to send this Assignment to, or click ‘Select All’. (Teacher profiles also have the option to schedule when the assignment is sent/due.)
- Click the blue ‘Assign’ or 'Send' button. Assignments will then be visible to the child profile within their mailbox
How to delete an assignment:
- Login to your teacher profile.
- Go to your Assignments tab.
- Select 'Archive Assignment'.
(Note: Deleting assignments is only possible from educator profiles at this time. This is something we're looking into adding for parents as well in the future.)