On Epic!, parents can create Collections surrounding specific topics and assign them to children! Kiddo profiles can view these Assignments from the Mailbox within their account. Further, parents can track their children's reading activity and progress for the specific reading assignment.
How to create a Collection:
- Navigate to the Explore page or by searching keyword phrases in the 'Search' box > click the book you would like to add to your Collection
- Hover your cursor anywhere on the screen over the open book
- At the top-left of the book, click the double folder with the plus sign ‘+’ icon
- A new window will open up asking if you would like to "Create a New Collection" (or you can add a book to an existing Collection by check-marking the box to the left of the desired Collection name to add it to and click the "Add" button at the bottom)
- Add a title and description (optional) for your new Collection
(Your children will see the description of your Collection, and many users use this area to add assignment instructions associated with the Collection)
- Share the Collection with the Epic! community (if you only want your account to see the Collection, please uncheck the option to "Share with Epic! Community")
- Click "Create"
How to assign a Collection to your child(ren) profile(s):
- Access your Parent account (re-enter your account password)
- Select the 'My Library' tab in the navigation bar
- From the ‘Collections’ tab, select ‘Assign’ next to the desired Collection
- Your child profiles will appear in a pop-up window. From there, check-off the individual child(ren) you would like to send this Assignment to or click ‘Select All’
- Click the blue ‘Assign’ button. Assignments will then be visible to the child profile within their Mailbox