What is Epic!?
Epic! is the world's leading online children's subscription book service offering immediate, on-demand access to over 35,000 high-quality illustrated books and chapter books for children ages 12 and under. Epic!'s ever-expanding library also includes thousands of Read-to-Me books, Audiobooks, educational videos, and fun educational quizzes. Partnerships with leading publishers, including HarperCollins and National Geographic, bring age-appropriate, award-winning fiction and non-fiction books to your child's fingertips.
With an Epic! subscription, books can be easily discovered, read, and shared with friends! Personalized for each individual reader, Epic! is the only place to access thousands of high-quality, curated children’s books without having to purchase or download titles individually. Beautifully designed for mobile and web use featuring fun game-like elements, Epic! provides kids with a personal library-on-demand that they can take with them anywhere! In a world of unlimited screen time, Epic! is a smart and safe alternative to generic games and videos. Join the Epic! community today at www.getepic.com.
Is Epic! safe and appropriate for my children?
Epic! was created by two parents who recognized a need for a safe place for their own children to read, learn and explore on their devices. They understood that the internet wasn’t built for kids, and with these concerns in mind, Epic! was born. Careful human curation is the heart of Epic!’s brand and is what sets us apart from other popular services for children.
Epic! is, and will always be, a safe and secure environment for children to explore. We work tirelessly to ensure that children will never come across inappropriate content, in-app purchases or ads on Epic!.
Here are a few of the ways Epic! is able to confidently create and maintain a safe environment for discovery and learning:
- Epic!’s library has been carefully curated with content from only the most reputable and respected partners like National Geographic Kids and Sesame Workshop, so children have access to the highest quality content available.
- Every piece of content available on Epic! - including books, read-to-me books, audiobooks, and videos - has been carefully and thoughtfully hand-picked by real people, including teachers and librarians, not computers or algorithms.
- While some of Epic!’s videos also appear on YouTube or have been created by popular YouTube creators, the Epic! team reviews every single video before it is made available to children. In addition, Epic! only publishes clean versions of these videos, without ads, commercial messages or prompts to subscribe.
- Epic! does not stream content from any other website or company. Every single piece of content, video or otherwise, lives on our own servers in a controlled environment, so content can never be uploaded to our platform that has not been reviewed and approved by our highly qualified team.
Epic! strives to delight and inspire children while serving as a trusted resource for families and educators alike.
I forgot my password. What should I do?
Please click or tap on the "forgot your password?" link located at the bottom of the sign-in page of the app/site. A password reset email will be sent to the email address associated with your Epic! account (if you don't receive the reset email within 15 minutes, please check your spam or junk folder).
If you did not receive your password reset email or have trouble resetting your password, let us know! We're happy to help!
Does Epic! offer a version for Educators?
Yes! We actually offer Epic! for Educators for free to elementary school teachers and elementary school librarians. You can sign up for a free educator account on our website using your school email address.
To sign up for your free educator account, please visit www.getepic.com/educators.
Educator version of Epic! (Epic! for Educators) is intended for use in the brick-and-mortar elementary school classrooms or school library only.
Can my students access Epic! at home?The free educator version of Epic! is for use in the classroom or school library between 6am-4pm Monday through Friday. For use at home, students should be using the home version of Epic!. This is due to our Terms of Service and our contracts with publishers.
In order for students to access Epic! at home, a parent can purchase a subscription of Epic! for home and family use. Parents can try Epic! free for 30 days, and if they decide to subscribe, Epic! costs only $7.99/month (after the first free month) for access to Epic!'s full library of thousands of titles.
To invite parents to use the home version of the Epic! app, please utilize the "Enable Home Access" feature in your teacher dashboard. For additional information, please visit: What does the "Enable Home Access" button do in the teacher dashboard?
How can I cancel my Epic! membership?
How to cancel depends on how you originally subscribed to Epic! – not how you typically view Epic!. In most cases, subscriptions to Epic! are non-refundable. If you think there is an error in billing, please contact our support team and we’ll work with you to find a solution.
If you have decided to cancel, we're sorry to see you go and want to thank you for using Epic!. Please also note that after canceling, you will still have access to the services for the remainder of the time that you have already paid for (unless otherwise noted).
iOS / Apple App Store Subscription
If you are subscribed through Apple, subscriptions and payments are managed by Apple directly. Due to Apple’s iTunes account management and user privacy policies, we are unable to cancel your subscription or provide refunds for subscriptions purchased through iTunes. You will need to cancel your subscription through your iTunes account.
Please note that in many cases, we have found the Epic! sign-in email address is different than the Apple ID that is used for billing when subscribing through the Apple iTunes store. We have no way of knowing or finding the Apple ID in these cases.
Android / Google Play Subscription
If you are subscribed through Google Play, subscriptions and payments are managed by Google Play. You can easily cancel your Epic! subscription by simply going to your Google Play Store account.
Please note you must be signed in with the account that you used to subscribe to Epic!.
Epic! Website Subscription
If you subscribed through the Epic! website and you would like to cancel your subscription, please follow these simple steps:
From a desktop/laptop:
- Log In here to your Epic! account
- Click on ‘Parent Dashboard’ and enter your password when prompted
- Click on ‘Account Settings’
- Click ‘Manage’
- Click on ‘Cancel my Subscription’
From an iOS device:
- Log In here to your Epic! account
- Click on 'Parent Dashboard' and enter your password when prompted
- Click on the 'Click here to manage your account settings' link
- Click 'Manage' next to Account Status
- Click 'Cancel My Subscription'
How can I contact Epic!?
We'd love to hear from you and we're happy to help!
The fastest way to get a response is to submit your request here. In general, we will respond within 24 business hours.